Agency Functions during Nuclear and Radiological Emergency
- Response to alarms caused by nuclear accidents, detection of nuclear and radioactive materials at the State borders, illicit trafficking of nuclear and radioactive substances and coordination of other executive authorities responsible for the primary response on nuclear emergency situations;
- Periodic supervision of nuclear and radiation emergency response plans and instructions;
- Investigation and analysis of radiation accidents and incidents for preventing its recurrence;
- Radiological assessment of accident sites and preparation of relevant recommendations;
- Decontamination of radiation victims and control over implementation of radiation monitoring program;
- Response on the illicit trafficking of nuclear and radioactive substances, radiation monitoring of the crime scene and radiological examination of the primary evidence with the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia.